Classrooms across the country are discovering a new and exciting learning tool in interactive whiteboards. By combining the practicality of a whiteboard with the functionality of a computer screen, teachers can engage their classrooms in ways unheard of just a short time ago. In basic terms, interactive whiteboards allow teachers to project computer content directly to whiteboard screens. Teachers can share images, sound, and video from computer screens, tablets, smartphones and USB drives.
1. Multi-sensory Success
Hands-on, multi-sensory learning has long been heralded as a successful method for helping students learn faster and retain more information. In one University of Wisconsin study, interactive learning showed student improvement as high as 200%. Interactive whiteboards take multi-sensory learning and active learning to exciting new levels. Here's how:
- Students can actively respond to content using a multimedia pen or by using their fingers.
- Students can respond (verbally or with written comments) to music, slideshows, drawings, notes and outlines, maps, and more.
- Improve mathematics success by allowing students to respond in real time to each problem.
- Take collaboration to new levels with interactive language arts and creative writing brainstorming sessions.
2. Bring the World to the Classroom
With interactive whiteboards, students can take virtual field trips to far-flung locations without leaving the classroom. Teachers can take their students anywhere—from the Amazon rainforest to the changing of the guard at London Tower—, with vivid, living color and sound.
3. Track Learning and Promote Success
Interactive whiteboards allow teachers to promote success by helping students share their projects on the widescreen. Teachers can also document achievement and record lessons to make substitute teacher days more successful and enjoyable to both instructor and student.
To find out more ways interactive whiteboards can help your students succeed, contact us at American Business Equipment today!