How many hours a day do your employees spend in the office? How about you? Since many of us spend a significant part of each working day in the company office, shouldn't we give more than a passing nod to the office furniture that surrounds us? Too many of us settle for hand-me-downs, leftovers, and mismatched, barely functional office furniture that should have been replaced years ago.
Instead of settling for second-best this year, maybe 2019 is an excellent time to reevaluate your office surroundings.
A Mindful Approach
A comprehensive list will go a long way toward making sure your office furniture is a good match for your current situation. Getting off to a good start means identifying your requirements. Consider the following:
- Seating — Ergonomically designed chairs for each employee can reduce the risk of work-related injuries.
- Desks — Consider the hardware and office equipment that each desk must accommodate, from computers to fax devices, printers, phones, and storage for miscellaneous items. Standing desks may be a good choice for some of your employees.
- Workspaces — Consider industry requirements like conference areas, drafting tables, storage, and workspaces designed for collaboration.
- Break areas — Every business needs a place where employees can relax. Make sure your staff has access to comfortable seating and tables for breaks and meals.
- Public areas — Make your guests feel welcome with quality seating that reflects your brand.
When Your Office is at Home
A growing number of employees do most of their work from home. In a more relaxed atmosphere, it's easy to overlook the importance of quality office furniture. Whenever possible, remote workers should choose dedicated spaces for work with carefully-chosen furnishings to meet their needs.
Whether your company's style leans contemporary, traditional, or something in between, American Business Equipment can help you find the perfect office furniture. Contact us to learn more today.